Making Things Out with Joe Zack
Who am I? Senior Software Engineer and Co-Host of Coding Blocks Podcast
- "Bundle" activities - Audiobooks + Cleaning
- Reward yourself for an activity (#imadethis, logging (Seinfeld thing))
- Letting yourself feel good about your accomplishments (Gratitude Journal, Lee Stetson)
- Don't reward yourself too early...but don't shy away from mutually assured accountability (Coach!)
- Join constructive community: You're the average of the 5 people you hang out with (PIT Facebook group, Slack Group, Co-Hosts)
References: (Pop'Sci' Books)
- Hello Tech Pros http://hellotechpros.com/
- Power of Habit
- Getting Things Done (Important / Urgent)
- Shooting the bears instead of the bees (Focusing on Important over Urgent)
Things I need to get better about
- Being organized in the "real world"
- Don't lose site of the foreset for the trees!
Turning it arround: Is it an Extroverts world?
- checkout PIT on "Priority Matrix" / Myers Briggs
- Introvert in some areas, extra in others
- bar w/ friends vs code/boardgames
Find me @codingblocks on twitter