Today I learned how to convert a string field into a DateTime field in MongoDB.
This was a small win. It was an extremely huge small win. You see the blog on the website had never been in order. This was because my code actually saved the blog posts dates as strings and not dates. (Basically like the difference between 1 and one in the eyes of the computer). I just lived with the problem because I didn't know how to fix it. However my journal only had one more task in it. In order to ensure that I completed that task I needed to make sure my posts were being listed in the right order.
That mean completing this tasks I'd been putting off for months.
I did the research and applied some logic. Finally I came up with the code that got everything fixed.
Tracking your small wins is a powerful way to combat the natural tendency toward negativity.
I'm staying positive and I'm taking care of business. And it will all start with one simple tweet (that I also logged in DayOne where I have a Small Wins Journal!)
#TIL how to convert strings to date time fields in MongoDB!- Jay Miller (@kjaymiller) May 27, 2017